Wednesday, February 23, 2011

If I were to rank the Coen Bros. movies, which would be a silly thing to do...

...the list might look like this. But then, most of these I've only seen once, and in the case of the one that comes dead last, I gave up halfway through. Still, the Coens remain in the top echelon of my favorite filmmakers; even if I don't like everything they do, everything they do is still worth seeing, and usually interesting in some fashion or another. Right? Right. Your list is your own, but mine is like this:

1. The Big Lebowski
2. O Brother Where Art Thou?
3. The Hudsucker Proxy
4. True Grit
5. Intolerable Cruelty
6. The Man Who Wasn't There
7. Fargo
8. Miller's Crossing
9. Raising Arizona
10. Blood Simple
11. Burn After Reading
12. A Serious Man
13. Barton Fink
14. No Country For Old Men
15. The Ladykillers

I should watch some of these again. Hell-- all of them.

1 comment:

Ryan K Lindsay said...

Hey Bill, top list. I've made my own, check it: http://www.stinkbrown.org/2011/03/13/the-coen-brothers-movie-list/

We agree in places, not in others.